Tuesday 8 March 2016

I know it’s after Chap Goh Meh but happy belated CNY guya!
So what did everyone do?  Us, we spent it in Penang like we do every other year, doing things that everyone else does on Chinese New Year.  We actually extended our trip to 1.5 weeks so that Fighter and Penny could spend more time with their grandparents.
With so much time on my hands, it got me to thinking: my BFF this Chinese New Year is my phone hahaha.  Not that I have no friends ok hahaha its cos I didn’t grow up in Penang*defensive wtf.
CIMG4802
While my phone is my constant companion every day, here’s why it was especially useful during Chinese New Year.
1. To ‘chup’ Chinese New Year goodies
C360_2016-02-13-14-22-29-231
Beech, these only appear once a year ok.Peanut cookies, pineapple tarts, nga ku galore, but they come in (mostly) limited supply especially if you’re gobbling them down for breakfast, lunch and dinner. *shifty eyes
So I do what I have to do.  Nonchalantly place my phone on top of a jar of snacks and automatically people reach for another jar.  Voila! A whole jar of your preferred snack to yourself. Hahahaha.
2. To call to coordinate who has reached relatives’ houses already

No comments:

Post a Comment